120 words

Import data from MySQL

2011-05-17 04:11

Hi,

I tried the objectdb in my research, find it very easy to handle without setting up xml files.

However, I cannot find the import/export functions between other database, then how can I transfer mysql data into objectdb?

Institute of Computer Technologies
gzdillon
gzdillon's picture
Joined on 2011-05-17
User Post #1
2011-05-17 08:33

Currently to import data from other databases to ObjectDB you will have to write your own conversion program. If you use JPA with MySQL you can retrieve old data from MySQL using JPA as entity objects, detach the retrieved entity objects and then persist them into ObjectDB.

An automatic data conversion utility is expected to be implemented as part of the RDBMS-ObjectDB Replication feature. You may subscribe to this feature request to increase its priority.

See also the migration path from JPA / Hibernate forum thread.

ObjectDB Support
ObjectDB - Fast Object Database for Java (JPA/JDO)
support
support's picture
Joined on 2010-05-03
User Post #273

Please read carefully the posting instructions - before posting to the ObjectDB website.

• You may have to disable pop up blocking in order to use the toolbar (e.g. in Chrome).
  • Use ctrl + right click to open the browser context menu in the editing area (e.g. for using a browser spell checker).
  • To insert formatted lines (e.g. Java code, stack trace) - select a style in the toolbar and then insert the text in the new created block.
  • Avoid overflow of published source code examples by breaking long lines.
  • You may mark in paragraph code words (e.g. class names) with the code style (can be applied by ctrl + D).
  • Long stack traces (> 50 lines) and complex source examples (> 100 lines) should be posted as attachments.
Attachments:
Maximum file size: 32 MB
Cancel