ObjectDB ObjectDB

Problem with polish characters

Hello!

I'm a student from Politechnika Rzeszowska University of Technology. I'm doing a project and i have a problem with  polish characters. When i'm coding .jsp file like this: <%@page contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%> i have polish chars in database (when i put in database some strings with polish chars and get them and show in .jsp there are polish chars) But in this way I'm unnable to write polisch chars just on the site. When I use ISO-8859-2 or UTF-8 there are polish chars on .jsp but when i put them to database there is a problem. (they change on strange sings)

I use netbeans and Tomcat server. I've done tutorial from Your site (guestbook using netBeans and Tomcat) My project is based on this tutorial. Do You know any solution to my problem?

Thanks a lot : ) Michał

edit
delete

ObjectDB does not modify strings - when you retrieve a string from an ObjectDB database you should get exactly the same String object that you have stored.

Therefore, it is very likely that the polish encoding problem is related to JSP settings and unrelated to ObjectDB.

You may want to try getting an advice on this issue on stackoverflow.com or on forum that focuses on JSP.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.