ObjectDB ObjectDB

Clarification on free license restrictions

Hello,

My apologies if the answer is already on the website, but I’m struggling to find a definitive answer.  The 10 entity class restriction is very clear, but can each of these classes use unrestricted numbers of embeddable classes?  Do embeddable classes count as part of the ten?  I assume not, but I need to check before I code further (and learn more about the product).

My Java project is a post educational one, but it will be right on the limit of the 10 entity classes.  So far I am very impressed with what I’m seeing, great work guys.
Thanks Craig

edit
delete

Embeddable classes are count as entity classes but other serializable classes are unlimited.

Therefore, even though embeddable classes are preferred - you may use your own serializable classes as a replacement to avoid hitting the limit.

Update: In newer ObjectDB versions embeddable classes are not restricted.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

Does this mean that I need to use a version of ObjectDB before version 2.2.9, in which you added configurations to enable / disable auto serialization of non persistable types?  Or is there another setting to override this in the current version?

When attempting to persist my serializable user generated class of Patient, which contains an instance variable of class Person, which in turn has a user defined instance variable of type Name, all used by composition.  I get the following error:

Error: Failed to commit transaction: Attempt to store an instance of a non persistable type tutorial.Person - field tutorial.Patient.person

Thanks, Craig

edit
delete

Only the default setting has been changed, not the capabilities.

You can enable serialization by changing the objectdb.conf file:

<persist serialization="true" />

Update: In newer ObjectDB versions embeddable classes are not restricted.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.