ObjectDB ObjectDB

GlassFish 3.1.2.2/JBoss 7.1.1

Good day,

We have few troubles with GlassFish on @remote. When we wants to get entity from remote interface, but in the result we have null in all entity fields. As I see there is a GlassFish problem (http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/cant-return-entity-ejbs-remote-ejb). May be you have some ideas? 

When we just try JBoss 7.1.1 nothing works at all. Where I can get a real world objectdb deployment example? 

Thanks. 

edit
delete

similar problems.

edit
delete

As discussed in a previous forum thread - JBoss 7.1.1 is expected to be supported but it is unknown yet when (meanwhile previous versions of JBoss 7 could be used).

Apparently there are also issues with GlassFish 3.1.2 (GlassFish 3.1.1 may work better with ObjectDB) but more information about these issues is needed, and some issues are already solved (but you may have to upgrade to the last ObjectDB build).

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

I'm starting a new project based on JBoss AS 7.1.1 and ObjectDB is my preferred database solution. I would like to know if support for JBoss is expected anytime soon? Unfortunately, using the older version of the server won't work for me since it lacks Java EE 6 full profile support.

edit
delete

Hopefully JBoss AS 7.1.1 will be supported soon but we cannot commit to a specific target date.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

ObjectDB 2.4.3 can be used with JBoss AS 7.1.1.

As discussed in this forum thread - you will have to:

• Add ObjectDB as a module to JBoss (instead of putting objectdb.jar in the web application lib directory).
  • Add to the persistence.xml file a request to load the ObjectDB module.

Build 2.4.3 fixes the problem of accessing ObjectDB from a stateless EJB in JBoss AS 7.1.1.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.