ObjectDB ObjectDB

RT Java application recording into 100DB run OOM after a few hours.

Hi,

I am running a java application that records data from 100 feeds into 100 different database - this is done is one thread.

It works fine several hours - and suddenly i got an out of memory issue (I checked there is no leak in java - I cleared the entity manager every 10 new entity) - I run it on a VPS with about 4GB of RAM.

1/ I use the default objectDb.conf (i mean i dont use any - so it must be using the default somewhere).

2/ Using Netbeans, I profiled the application and I noticed that there is one thread (ODB FileWriter) running for each open DB.

I am not sure how to solve this problem - does it come from the odb$ temp files? do I have too many open DB? is 100 too much? Is there something in object.conf that i should tweak?

I think I need to understand how the RAM is managed by ObjectDB for each open DB - 

Any help/direction would be appreciated 

Thanks

EKK

com.objectdb.o.JPE.g(JPE.java:89)
com.objectdb.o.ERR.f(ERR.java:60)
com.objectdb.o.OBC.onObjectDBError(OBC.java:1484)
com.objectdb.jpa.EMImpl.commit(EMImpl.java:290)
DB.ActualDB.writeToDB(ActualDB.java:109)
DB.DB.writeToDB(DB.java:39)
DB.DB.write2DB(DB.java:59)
DB.DBRecorder.record(DBRecorder.java:107)
DB.DBRecorder$1.runinternal(DBRecorder.java:58)
Utils.Mail.MyRunnable.run(MyRunnable.java:26)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
e.toString()=com.objectdb.o._RollbackException: Failed to commit transaction: GC overhead limit exceeded
e.getCause()=java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
e.getClass()=class com.objectdb.o._RollbackException
edit
delete

All the settings in the ObjectDB configuration file are per database. For example, the default cache size for database pages is 64GB per database, or 6.4GB per 100 databases, so it can easily exceeds your VPS RAM.

If you must keep 100 databases open concurrently then you will have to reduce cache sizes, etc.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.