ObjectDB ObjectDB

Tomcat + JPA Problem

Hi i tried to setup the example from your webpage (jpa - Tomcat with Ecplipse) and i always get this Error:

[ObjectDB 2.1.0] class "javax.persistence.Entity"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

[ObjectDB 2.1.0] class "javax.persistence.Entity"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
07.03.2011 20:01:30 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class OcspServer.CertEntryListener
java.lang.SecurityException: class "javax.persistence.Persistence"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(Unknown Source)

edit
delete

This exception indicates a jar conflict, i.e. JPA is found in more than one jar (probably one signed and the other unsigned). JPA is already included in objectdb.jar. Make sure that your project doesn't contain JPA (or a Java EE with JPA) in another JAR.

It could also help if you specify the exact version of Java, Eclipse and Tomcat that you are using. This example was tested with Tomcat 6. Are you using Tomcat 7?

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

thx 4 the fast support.

I fixed the Problem. I was using Tomcat 6.0.4.

Now i updated my Tomcat (Version 7) and everything was fine.

edit
delete

Thank you for the update.

Could you please explain in a few words what was the cause of the problem (it might help others)?

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

I was using Datanucleus in my project before changing to JPA with objectdb.com.

Using JDO with Datanucleus made it necessary to make some changes to the tomcat directory (context.xml). In my opinion this caused the trouble.

Another Question, how to use the explorer with a Tomcat Application where can i find the db-files?

edit
delete

The database location is specified on:

http://www.objectdb.com/tutorial/jpa/eclipse/web/listener

You can change it to absolute path and rebuild and redeploy the web application.

The default ("$objectdb/db/guest.odb") refers to WEB-INF/db/guest.odb - but not the development WEB-INF directory but the deployment WEB-INF directory somewhere under your Tomcat installation.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

Hi support,

as you mentioned the odb file is in the deployment WEB-INF directory but not in development one , can I change it to the development one because in building a war file it will use the current development directory. This will create the new file instead of using the deployed one ?

edit
delete

Dear KANISHK GUPTA, Please create a new forum thread with your question, as it is not related directly to the main question of the original poster and will have to be removed from these old threads. Please also post every question only once.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.