About settings

forum_thread

Activation Issue

Hi, We bought a site license the yesterday. I ran the activation class this morning. That generated the activation key. I took that key as per the instructions, added it to the objectdb.conf inside the jar, and everything was happy. (this was with 2.3.7). However after a reboot I'm now getting the evaluation license restriction message again at compile time (which was I was seeing before putting the activation key in objectdb.conf). I tried upgrading to 2.3.7_02 and updating objectdb.conf with the activation key, but get the same behaviour. #1 2012-02-21 03:00 Hi, We bought a site license the yesterday. I ran the activation class this morning. That generated the a ...

 
forum_thread

ObjectDB within a resource adapter module and Java EE Connector Architecture

Has anybody managed to use ObjectDB in a resource adapter module in accordance with the Java EE Connector Architecture so that it may be packaged separately from (but used by components of) an EJB Module after the pattern of the classic EAR File structure as illustrated in the Java EE 7 tutorial in Figure 5-1 EAR File Structure ? #1 2016-11-19 11:19 Has anybody managed to use ObjectDB in a resource adapter module in accordance with the Java EE Connector Ar ...

 
api-jdo

javax.jdo.Constants

Constant values used in JDO.(Interface of JDO)

 
forum_thread

Optimization Question

One of our uses for your ObjectDB software is in maintaining the current state of a large number of data objects called tracks. These tracks change very frequently over time (every 10-15 seconds is not unreasonable), but they are also very large complex data structures so it's extremely difficult to identify exactly what fields have changed from one update to the next. Currently the following sequence executes when a track update comes in: - If it’s a new track simply add it to the database. #1 2010-06-16 15:41 One of our uses for your ObjectDB software is in maintaining the current state of a large number of data objects cal ...

 
forum_thread

Request clarification of changes to accessor enhancement policy (non-getter prefix instead of getter suffix) AND annotations

In response to the forum posting http://www.objectdb.com/database/forum/994 changes were made to the way enhancement treats getters and setters (property accessors), namely there are no longer enhanced additional getters/setters, because the additional methods now use (since about version 2-6-5) this pattern: __odbHidden_[accessor_name] Instead of this pattern with a suffix (preserving the method as a setter or getter), prior to version 2-6-5: #1 2016-08-20 13:44 In response to the forum posting http://www.objectdb.com/database/forum/994 changes were made to the way enh ...

 
forum_thread

Index causes increased memory usage

Hello, ... using different processing cache (page) and query cache settings on Monday.  I'll have to take a look at the database file ...

 
forum_thread

Update is ignored by ObjectDB

Hi! Sorry for my bad english skills. When I execute fulfilOrder, only Order entity is updated in the database, and User entity remains modified only in code, even if I go: user = smdb.find(User.class, user.id); In this source highlighted lines modifying entity, but not the database. #1 2014-01-25 20:53 Hi! Sorry for my bad english skills. When I execute fulfilOrder, only Order entity is updated in the database, an ...

 
forum_thread

Object as parameter results in exception

Hi,    I've got a simple JPA2 Criteria query which fails when doing an object equality. I verified this against EclipseLink and over there, it works. I'll Attach some code snippets to help figure it out:   @Entity() public class Product{ . . . @ManyToOne     private Compamy owningCompany; } @Entity() public class Company{    .    .    .     @Id    private Long id; } and the query: #1 2011-04-27 12:15 Hi,    I've got a simple JPA2 Criteria query which fails when doing an object equality. I v ...

 
forum_thread

IDs of Entities suddenly became UUIDs?

Hi, We're having our system with ObjectDB 2.4.5 in production since this year April and it works just fine. However, now we've discovered that suddenly partial Objects in some DBs in production do have a UUID String as their id instead of Long which is of course causing a lot of troubles. Note that this even occurrs on the same "Table" -- some saved Entitities of same type do still have a Long ID, others a String UUID. Our Base-Entity everything inherits from is declared as usual with Long: #1 2013-10-17 11:42 Hi, We're having our system with ObjectDB 2.4.5 in production since this year April and it works just ...

 
forum_thread

Extra uninitialised entities spawned on merge()

In the following, Element is a base entity class, with a bi-directional @ManyToOne-@OneToMany relationship Element owner - List<Element> ownedElements, and Example is a subclass entity with a relationship @OneToOne Element child. #1 2012-06-05 03:25 In the following, Element is a base entity class, with a bi-directional @ManyToOne-@OneToMany relationship Elem ...