Prior knowledge or experience in database programming (SQL, JDBC, ORM, JPA, etc.) is not required, but some background in using the Java language is essential.
Is ObjectDB scalable? What are its limitations?
ObjectDB is highly scalable and can manage efficiently databases in a wide range of sizes, from a few Kilobytes to hundreds of Gigabytes and even Terabytes. ObjectDB can be used in small embedded single user applications as well as in heavy loaded multi threaded multi user applications.
- Database file size up to 128 TB (= 131,072 GB = 134,217,728 MB).
- Up to 2,147,483,648 entity classes per database file.
- Up to 2,147,483,648 indexes per database file.
- Up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 entity objects per database file.
- Unlimited database connections (limited by operating system resources).