creating EntityManager on odb file created on Mac 64bit on Windows 32bit

Hello,

I have an odb file created on my Mac OSX 64bit. When I further, in other program, create an EntityManagerFactory and later EntityManager on this file, every thing is working fine. But, when I transfer this program and odb file to Windows XP 32bit it crashes while creating EntityManager. Do you have any idea why does it crash?

Thanks,

Marcin 

ObjectDB uses exactly the same file format in all environments (including Mac OS X 64 and Windows XP 32), so transferring an ObjectDB database file from one system to another should work smoothly.

Maybe there is a problem in transferring the file (e.g. FTP in ASCII mode), and maybe the problem is not related to that database file, and the system crashes because of another reason.

ObjectDB Support

thanks for such a fast reply. 

I try to open the odb file on Win XP 32bit with objectdb explorer and here is what "Database Open Error" i get:

Error opening database file 'objectdb: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\root\Desktop\CellFateScout\SMMD.odb'

Failed to write to file: 'D:\temp\odb-synthetic\expressedpathfinder\UnitDB.class'

expressedpathfinder is my main package in java project where I create and use SMMD.odb.

There is a problem in some recent builds. Please try build 2.5.0_03 that should fix it.

ObjectDB Support

ok, now I can open the odb file in explorer. 

But still the code crashes while creating EntityManager on this odb file. And the program is creating 1kb file named SMMD.org$, when the database is in file SMMD.org. Do I have to recreate the odb file with new build 2.5.0_03?

The SMMD.org$ is normal (it is the recovery file).

More details are required in order to understand the problem. Do you have a stack trace? Any error message? Anything in the log file?

ObjectDB Support