ObjectDB ObjectDB

Free version limitation and upgrading

Hello i would like to use objectDB in Free Version until its not getting in Productive phase...

Now my (maybe Stupid) Question because i did not found a good definition.

How Do you (for the Free editin) define 1 million ENTITY objects, does that mean

1) 1 million different objects (object definitions)

2) 1 million times the same object

3) is that in the limitation the same?

sorry but i couldent find the exact definition.

My Second Question is, when in Productive Phase and i will upgrade the license is that possible without new Installation?

greetz

edit
delete

The free edition has a restriction of maximum 10 entity classes and one million entity objects per database file. i.e. up to 10 entity class definitions, and one million instances of these classes.

Upgrade from a free license removes the restrictions with no need to upgrade the database or the code.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

ah thank you for the explanation, i has the definition understood as 1 million preresitant different Objects that has different arguments but that definition with the instances makes it clearer to me, thx.

one last question is the license a one time or yearly fee?

edit
delete

Only the OEM license (which let you distribute ObjectDB to others) is renewed every year. If you buy a server or a site license you have it for life, including update to the same major version (e.g. all 2.x updates).

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.