ObjectDB ObjectDB

License Activation Change and Checking Activation

Hello!

How does ObjectDB determine the machine ID? Yesterday I activated our license on my development laptop and today I tried to persist more than 1M objects. ObjectDB told me that it cant't do that because of the evaluation restrictions. Now I activated it again on the same machine and got a different activation code. With this code it works. The only difference I can think of is that my WiFi was disabled yesterday and today it's not.

It would be really helpful to have a method to see if the server is activated before hitting these limits. On our two production servers we have now around 800k persisted objects. I don't want to get into trouble when there's something wrong with the activation.

Regards

Ralph

edit
delete

You may had to reactivate ObjectDB because of a change in your computer MAC address. Using MAC address as a machine identifier is a common practice in software protection, but this technique is sensitive to changes like disabling a network adapter.

You should include both activation codes now in your configuration, so ObjectDB will work on your laptop with either the WIFI adapter enabled or disabled.

You can check whether ObjectDB is activated or not using the following query:

boolean isActivated =
    em.createQuery("objectdb activation", boolean.class).getSingleResult();
ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

This query always returns false in my case. The server is definitely activated. It allows me to persist more than 1M objects.

edit
delete

You are right. This hidden (and undocumented) feature was implemented for a specific check in embedded mode. In client server mode it didn't work well, because it checks activation on the client side rather than on the server side, as needed.

Please try build 2.5.5_02 that fixes the implementation in client-server mode.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

Now I got the next exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.objectdb.o.QRR.h(QRR.java:270)
at com.objectdb.o.QRR.f(QRR.java:179)
at com.objectdb.jpa.JpaQuery.getSingleResult(JpaQuery.java:747)
edit
delete

Sorry, hopefully build 2.5.5_03 should work fine.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.