ObjectDB ObjectDB

BIRT plugin: Trouble with Client/Server connection

I am having trouble setting up the birt points.odb sample with a client/server connection.

I can connect to points.odb with the explorer.  I added a "Data Source" that works fine with local file. 
The connection using the server url fails the ping test.  I get (Failed to connect to server localhost:6136)
Nothing made it to the log. The following is my setup:

Dev Versions:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench - 12.0.0.me201311281640
        -Eclipse platform - 4.3.1.v20130911
        -Birt - 4.3.1.me201311281640
    ObjectDB Birt Plugin - 2.5.3.01
    ObjectDB Server 2.5.6_04

Configurations:
    connection URL: objectdb://localhost:6136/points.odb;user=admin;password=admin

using objectdb-jee.jar - (manifest.mf) Bundle-Version: 2.5.6.b04

(server)objectdb.conf:

<server>
              <connection port="6136" max="100" />
              <data path="D:\***\***\data\dev2\" />
        </server>

-points.odb copied to D:\***\***\data\dev2\

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.

edit
delete

It is unclear if your issue is with the BIRT plugin (as stated in the title) or generally with running an ObjectDB Server and accessing it. The BIRT plugin uses the main ObjectDB library for accessing the database, so a difference between accessing a local embedded database or a client-server remote database by the BIRT plugin are not expected.

Please explain how you run the server and whether you can access that database on the server from the Explorer.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

My apologies, I "read the manual", so it looks like the problem is not with the BIRT ODA driver. The issue is with MyEclipse.
The documentation clearly states:  (http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/reporting/reporting_birt/)

"MyEclipse Reports is an implementation of the Eclipse BIRT framework (BIRT) specialized to the MyEclipse web project conventions....."
   blah..blah..blah..

"- MyEclipse JDBC driver-based datasources replace ODA JDBC driver datasources"
   blah..blah..
   "Warning!"
   "We strongly recommend that you avoid installing MyEclipse Reports and BIRT into the same MyEclipse environment due to the potential for
    serious plugin conflict issues that can impede the operation of either product."

The local connection seems to work just fine.  The c/s connection never reaches the server.
This leaves me with roughly two options:
   1. Somehow, convince you that a fully featured ObjectDB jdbc driver is possible/easy/priority/worth while.... just kidding(I know how you must feel about the jdbc driver)
   2. POJO's?

edit
delete

Thank you for the update. We may implement a partial JDBC driver in future versions.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.