ObjectDB ObjectDB

Embedded Database Replication

As we all know, embedded databases out perform server databases on every occasion. The problem with embedded databases is that theyre difficult to scale. If I were to create an entire enterprise web application within a single jar file using embedded tomcat and embedded objectdb I would run into problems trying to cluster the data. Is there a way to cluster embedded objectdb? Perhaps some kind of external replicator application that can be used by server administrators to ensure replication is optimal and healthy? Alternatively some kind of jboss style UDP broadcast from each embedded instance?

edit
delete

Good point. ObjectDB supports a combined mode of embedded-server, which currently does not enable replication (because the server in this mode does not use ordinary configuration), but this ability should be added in future versions.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

Is there an existing feature request for this? How long will it be before it's released?

edit
delete

> Is there an existing feature request for this?

No, this is a new request.

> How long will it be before it's released?

Unfortunately we cannot answer "when feature X will be released" questions. Priority is given to feature requests that are needed for active projects of our customers. However, possibly this specific feature is already implemented but just not tested, since you may be able to use embedded server and replicate it.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

How? I may be able to use embedded server and replicate it? Since when?

edit
delete

It has never been tested, and may not be ready for production, but if you follow the link at #2 above and access a database in embedded-server mode, you may be able to use the server url for replication as with an ordinary server.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.