ObjectDB ObjectDB

Deploying objectdb.jar to karaf 4.0.7 seems to fail

Hello,

I'm evaluating ObjectDB for a future use in an OSGi project using Apache Karaf 4.0.7 (and later) as OSGi container.

When I try to deploy the objectdb.jar file to Karaf (copy the jar file to the deploy folder in Karaf) I get a stacktrace in the Karaf log file with the following message:

2016-12-02 14:52:34,292 | ERROR | raf-4.0.7/deploy | fileinstall                      | 4 - org.apache.felix.fileinstall - 3.5.4 | Failed to install artifact: /Users/aweirig/devel/osgi/apache-karaf-4.0.7/deploy/objectdb.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle file:/Users/aweirig/devel/osgi/apache-karaf-4.0.7/deploy/objectdb.jar does not have a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF! Make sure, META-INF and MANIFEST.MF are the first 2 entries in your JAR!
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.installOrUpdateBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1004)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.install(DirectoryWatcher.java:952)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.install(DirectoryWatcher.java:871)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:485)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:361)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.4]
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:312)[4:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.5.4]

Something seems to be wrong with way the jar is build as I see a META-INF folder when I list the jar's contents.

Regards,

Alex

edit
delete

You may try to extract the objectdb.jar file, build the jar again, and check it.

If your version of objectdb.jar works well we will check how to repair our build process.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

Hello,

done. My jar (attached) works.

2016-12-02 13:07:24,430 | INFO  | raf-4.0.7/deploy | fileinstall                      | 4 - org.apache.felix.fileinstall - 3.5.4 | Installing bundle com.objectdb / 2.6.9.b08
2016-12-02 13:07:24,453 | INFO  | raf-4.0.7/deploy | fileinstall                      | 4 - org.apache.felix.fileinstall - 3.5.4 | Started bundle: file:/Users/aweirig/devel/osgi/apache-karaf-4.0.7/deploy/objectdb.jar

karaf@root()> list
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
ID | State  | Lvl | Version            | Name
------------------------------------------------------
76 | Active |  80 | 1.5.6.201612021103 | objectdb-test
77 | Active |  80 | 2.6.9.b08          | ObjectDB

Bundle is deployed and activated.

Regards,

Alex

edit
delete

Build 2.6.9_09 includes a change to the build process of objectdb.jar that should solve the issue.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

Hello,

thank you very much for you support.

I can confirm that this version fixes the issue.

Regards,

Alex

edit
delete

Thank you for reporting this issue and for confirming that the new versions fixes it.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.