ObjectDB ObjectDB

Glassfish 4 JTA Data Source Support

I would like to have the persistence.xml of my server application (REST service) use a JTA data source, so that I can configure the data source from the app server (Glassfish 4 in my case).  My application already uses a number of JDBC data sources for Oracle etc., that are configured in that way, but I'm not sure how to achieve it with ObjectDB.  I'm guessing that I could create my own implementations, piggy backing on existing JDBC functionality, but want to check to make sure that I'm not missing a vital point or unnecessarily re-inventing something that exists already. Is there ObjectDB / app server support for JTA data sources?

edit
delete

Currently ObjectDB database urls can be specified either as a virtual persistence unit name, or using the "javax.persistence.jdbc.url" property in a real persistence unit.

Note that JTA is supported by ObjectDB but JDBC is not supported as well as conventional data source setting.

If you create a basic data source implementation for ObjectDB and you are willing to share it then we may be able to integrate it into ObjectDB and maybe extend it in the future.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.