ObjectDB ObjectDB

Custom Transaction Manager

Hi,

I am trying integrate ObjectDB and Quarkus Framework.

Quarkus use Narayana/Arjuna transaction manager.

ObjectDB doesn't allow me to configure custom JNDI name or Transaction Manager class and method name.

Is there a hidden configuration property to set class and method name to use arjuna tm.

I would like to use "com.arjuna.ats.jta.UserTransaction.userTransaction()" instead of default one.

Thanks

edit
delete

ObjectDB looks for a TransactionManager in a list of predefined JNDI locations, including:

• java:/TransactionManager
  • javax.transaction.TransactionManager
  • java:comp/TransactionManager

It may also be possible to add automatic creation of:
    com.arjuna.ats.jta.TransactionManager.transactionManager();
if available (in future builds of ObjectDB).

However, no support for custom UserTransaction, as user transactions are intended for direct operation of the ObjectDB transactions by applications.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

Wondering if there are any updates on using ObjectDb with Quarkus (or other microprofile implementation, eg: Helidon, Open Liberty, Wildfly, etc).

edit
delete

You should be able to use ObjectDB with any Java platform and most JVM languages, as it is a pure Java library.

However, regarding container managed (and automatic) transaction management, etc. ObjectDB i basically compatible with standard Java EE containers. That should probably include Wildfly. It can also work with Spring and Spring boots. Other, possibly partial implementations of Java EE containers, have not been tested, and possibly may require some adjustments.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.