ObjectDB ObjectDB

Using SELECT BETWEEN with LocalDate

I am trying to query all entities whose date is between today and today + X days.

The date inside the entity is a LocalDate.

To do so I created the following query:

.createQuery(
  "SELECT e FROM Element e WHERE e.date between CURRENT_DATE and :date",
  Element.class)
.setParameter("date", date)
.getResultList();

I get the following error for e.date in IntelliJ (Type mismatch: number, date or string expected) but in the thread of https://www.objectdb.com/issue/2564 it is said that inside the SELECT a Date is used and not a LocalDate, so I ignored this error.

Now I tried a LocalDate, a java.sql.Data and a java.util.Data as the "date" parameter but for all three tries I get the following exception:

com.objectdb.o._PersistenceException: Operand type mismatch for operator 'between'
    at com.objectdb.o._PersistenceException.a(_PersistenceException.java:45) ~[objectdb-2.8.3_01.jar:na]
    at com.objectdb.o.JPE.d(JPE.java:147) ~[objectdb-2.8.3_01.jar:na]
    at com.objectdb.o.ERR.h(ERR.java:56) ~[objectdb-2.8.3_01.jar:na]
    at com.objectdb.o.OBC.onObjectDBError(OBC.java:1588) ~[objectdb-2.8.3_01.jar:na]
    at com.objectdb.jpa.JpaQuery.getResultList(JpaQuery.java:733) ~[objectdb-2.8.3_01.jar:na]

Is this a bug or am I doing something terribly wrong?

Thanks and regards

edit
delete

Thank you for this report. This may be related to the new (and not complete yet) support of local dates. We will look into it and update.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

Thank you again for this report. It was indeed a new issue with local dates and BETWEEN.

Please try the fix of build 2.8.3_02.

ObjectDB Support
edit
delete

To post on this website please sign in.