Stalling on "run File" in Netbeans when using -javaagent:lib/objectdb.jar

This is not a question to ObjectDB support, it is a discussion item for ObjectDB users who use Netbeans IDE.

I am encountering the following problem when using enhancement with Netbeans IDE 7.1.

To enable enhancement I use the following in the Project Properties dialog Run section under VM Options:

-javaagent:lib/objectdb.jar

where there is a lib folder under the main project folder.

This works fine for a Netbeans Web Application (that runs in Glassfish as web application container).

However I am having problems with a console-based Netbeans Java Application with a nominated Main class to run, and with executing Run File on a selected file with a main method, when -javaagent:lib/objectdb.jar is present in the VM Options, in which case the class begins to execute then simply "stalls" without any further output.

My setup is complicated by the fact that I use JRebel technology for automatic reloading of Java classes without re-deployment (very handy for web application development but not necessary for running simple console application tests), but it is difficult to simply switch JRebel on and off, it would have to be completely uninstall it from my machine.

On running a file with a main method in Netbeans with the -javaagent:lib/objectdb.jar VM Options in place, before it "stalls", I can see startup/welcome output from JRebel in the console window. I can well imagine that ObjectDB class enhancement and JRebel "hot redeployment" class loading could somehow compete with each other.

In any case, I am interested to know whether any other ObjectDB customers who use Netbeans IDE have encountered problems  using -javaagent:lib/objectdb.jar under the project's VM Options.

Webel

Update: I can confirm that this problem was due to the use of JRebel technology, when I disable it I am able to use Run File in Netbeans with ObjectDB javaagent run-time enhancement ok.

Related topic: JRebel integration feature