Step 4: Create an ObjectDB Data Set
Queries against the database are represented in BIRT as data sets.
To create the data set:
- Open the [New Data Set] dialog box by right clicking the Data Sets node in the [Data Explorer] window and selecting New Data Set.
- Select the data source that was created in the previous step (e.g. ObjectDB Points).
- Enter a data set name (e.g. Points by X) and click Next.
The database in this tutorial contains Point entity objects. We will use a simple JPQL query that retrieves points with x value in a specified range:
SELECT p.x as x, p.y as y FROM Point p WHERE p.x BETWEEN :low AND :high
Use copy and paste to enter the above query and click Finish.
When the data set is created successfully - a new window appears.
- In the Parameters list specify default values for
- You may click Preview Results to see the query results:
- Close the dialog box by clicking the OK button.